So, finally we got on the bus toward Santa Cruz. We sort of had to take this bus – it saved us a hotelnight and would get us to Santa Cruz in the middle of the day, so it was somewhat perfect. The only downside was the fact that it was two buschanges on this bus, which interrupted the sleep a lot, and to be honest – for the being the first time in America it was a little intimidating.

But everything went fine. The busstations aren’t overly big here as they sometimes are in Sweden, so all the changes went very smoothly, though we didn’t get a lot of sleep.


And then finally, we arrived in Santa Cruz. And it was love at first sight.

Artistic, laid back city with surfers and skateborders around every corner, and not to talk about the streetart! It was beautiful. And very musicfriendly – right next to the venue there were a recordstore and an instrumentshop. How amazing? Speaking of which – seeing the venue, and seeing Lordi’s name on the venue was so unbelievable.


After we arrived we sat down at Five Guys, a restaurant that allows you to customize your own burger essentially, to have some lunch. It was such a relief in a way – to know that we are finally IN Santa Cruz, that we MADE IT, and that we can now take it a bit easy.

Once check in time started, we got to our hotel that appeared not to be too far away from the city centre. And you know… We haven’t at this point seen a bed for 36 hours. For 36 hours, we had been crammed in various planes, cars and buses, sleeping in the weirdest kind of positions. So seeing two queen beds waiting for us was absolutely crazy. We pretty much just spread out on the beds and thanked God for it.


It was a very nice motel though. It’s called the Salt Air Lodge, and our room had two big beds and a nice bathroom. Kinda luxuary, for a change. It’s nice.

After laying down for a while, appreciating the beds we normally take for granted, we got ourselves ready and we headed out to a bar, Blue Lagoon bar to be more exact, to catch the Superbowl. First, we visited the record store of course. Once at the Blue Lagoon we sat down, had some drinks and watched the game. I’m not big on Superbowl, but it was pretty cool to see it in America as it happened.

After the game was over we took a stroll down the town to scout for stores for me the following day and to just check out the town really, at least a little bit of it.

Once back at the hotel, we both started getting ready – having a shower, talking and just chilling before the big day tomorrow.

// Sara

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: